The update of the Designer application needs to be performed by your ServiceNow admin and takes around 10-15 minutes. It is a full handsfree update and needs to be performed on all installed instances.
Updates will appear automatically
The update is available automatically on your instance and can be installed anytime.
No Trial Updates
Updates of trial installations are not supported by ServiceNow.
We recommend to backup the following tables by creating an XML export:
- Class Definitions x_inpgh_des_class_definitions
- Class Fields x_inpgh_des_class_fields
- Diagrams x_inpgh_des_diagrams
- Filters x_inpgh_des_filters
- Indicators x_inpgh_des_indicators
- Indicator Breakdown x_inpgh_des_indicator_breakdown
- Relationship Definitions x_inpgh_des_relationship_definitions
- Relationship Fields x_inpgh_des_relationship_fields
- Shapes x_inpgh_des_shapes
- Shape Libraries x_inpgh_des_shape_libraries
- Templates x_inpgh_des_templates
You can reimport any necessary backup XML after the user acceptance test.
- Log in to the ServiceNow instance on which you want to install the app.
- Navigate to System Applications > All Available Applications > All.
- Search for the Designer app.
- Select the version you want to upgrade Click on Update. The application will automatically update on your instance.
User Acceptance Test
Customer configuration is not touched during the update procedure. Though we recommend a short User Acceptance Test as a good practice to check, if your Designer configuration e.g. shape libraries etc. are still the same.