The pre-built 3-step approval process in Designer covers most governance requirements of a modern enterprise.
The Diagram Approval Workflow supports a configurable 3-step approval process.
Diagram Approval Process
- To initiate the approval process, press the Submit for Assessment button in the Diagram form.
- Members of the Designer – Design Assessment Group will be notified and the Request Diagram Update button will be visible in the Diagram form.
- The My Approvals module will allow the Designer – Design Assessment Group members to take action e.g. Approve or Reject.
- After receiving the approval of all Designer – Design Assessment Group members, the Designer – Architecture Committee members will be notified.
- The My Approvals module will allow the Designer – Architecture Committee members to take action.
- After the final approval, the diagram content will be read-only and can’t be overwritten.
Create a clone of an approved diagram, if you want make changes and re-submit for approval, if approved diagrams are locked by the admin in the Global Settings.