Designer is a real-time Diagraming and Modeling application natively running on the ServiceNow platform.
Good to know about Designer
- Designer is notation agnostic
- You can combine different shape types and notations within a single Diagram
- The Diagram content is saved as XML in a ServiceNow table
- By default, the drawing content (e.g. new relationships) is not submitted into the corresponding ServiceNow tables, and needs to be committed by actively committing it
- Deleting elements and relationships in the modeling canvas does not delete in the ServiceNow repository
- You can utilize additional ServiceNow functionality on the Diagram table e.g. workflows, assessments, surveys etc.
- Create small models by use-case, which can be maintained and approved separately
- Connect models via hyperlinks
- Content from other models can be added via XML
- Open Designer for any user in the organization by providing read access to the Diagrams (could have license impact)
- Include Diagrams in dashboard or knowledge articles via iframes, or directly embed in your websites or portals